Thursday, January 1, 2009

So long

On Monday I decided to list our jumperoo, swing, bouncer and tummy time mat on Craigslist. (I have a neighbor who buys stuff off their all the time) so I thought its free to list I figured I would try it. Within 30 min of posting my stuff I had an email from a girl in Oklahoma wanting to buy it all from me for 120.00 I told her yes and I also had an exersaucer that I wanted to sell for 10.00 (which is what I paid Carla for it). They picked everything up today!!! her brother and sister in law are having girl/ boy twins in Feburary in Texas and they were going there tomorrow and she wanted to surprise her with all of this. She wanted to get her all of the stuff but knew that buying it all brand new was going to be expensive so it was a fluke that she found all of my stuff on there and it matched. Her brother is in Afghanistan so her sister in law is doing this alone for awhile (I got distracted with the twins) and didnt ask her when he was coming back. Apparently her mom is coming to help so she should be in good hands!

It's out of my house and way and I don't have to wait until the neighborhood garage sale in May to sell it. I will miss all of the items and they brought back memories but since they became mobile they didn't like being in them and it was a battle and they were just taking up space. IF we ever had another child (probably not) however everyone I see that has twins say they had 1 more after the twins were like 2 then I will buy the stuff or borrow it from someone. Someone told me they kept all of their stuff and by the time the 2nd kid came they wanted different stuff since the design or pattern was old or what not.

I still have a cold and my voice comes and goes, I guess if I am not better next week I will have to go to the dr when the babies are at school on Wed. A couple of my neighbors have had strep (Which I thought maybe I had) but my sore throat comes and goes so I dont think its strep plus with strep you usually have a fever or feel really weak. Who knows I just cant seem to shake whatever I have. We stayed home lastnight, there was a neighborhood New Years party but Jim came home from work not feeling well and I was too tired to go we were asleep by 10 so we would not have been any fun. I have not seen any movement at the Crouch house across the street which leads me to believe it was a late night.

Our neighbor Boddie turns 40 today and we are going to PF CHANGS for dinner to celebrate just Boddie, Jill, Kathy, Michael, Carolyn (Michaels sister) and Jim and I. Mikel and Lynn are coming over to watch the twins so we wont have to find a babysitter. Boddie has no clue so it should be a good time.

No comments: